Subject Area: Egyptology
Chair: Professor Mark Smith - Chair of Faculty Board
- This Fund supports (or parcially so) a Professor of Egyptology
72. Professor of Egyptology
1. The Professor of Egyptology shall lecture and give instruction on the History, Antiquities, and Language of Ancient Egypt.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Provost of Queen’s College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Provost of Queen’s College, or, if the Provost is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Queen’s College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Queen’s College;
(4) a person appointed by Council;
(5)-(7) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.
- No committee specified