Subject Area: Egyptology
Chair: Professor Mark Smith - Chair of Faculty Board
- Travel costs of the Editor of the Top Bib
§ 135. Griffith Institute Editor’s Travel Fund
[Made by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 22 June 2007]
1. The anonymous benefaction, which comprises £39,328, together with any further donations for this purpose, shall be known as the ‘Griffith Institute Editor’s Travel Fund’ (‘the Fund’).
2. The University shall retain all of the Fund as permanent endowment and shall apply the net income of the Fund towards the research travel costs of the Editor of the Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Statues, Reliefs and Paintings. Any unspent income which is not reinvested or carried forward for use in subsequent years may be applied at the discretion of the Faculty Board of Oriental Studies in some other way to support the work of the Editor and to further the progress of the Topographical Bibliography.
3. The administration of the Fund, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of the Faculty Board.
4. These regulations may be amended by Council provided the object as specified in regulation 2 is kept in view.
See Griffith Institute