Subject Area: Jewish Studies
Chair: Professor Martin Goodman
- This Fund is solely for the purpose of funding an academic post
§ 154. Reader in Jewish Studies
1. The Reader in Jewish Studies shall engage in advanced study or research and shall lecture and give instruction in the literature, history, social life, and religion of the Jews from 200 B.C. to A.D. 1500.
2. The reader shall be appointed by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) a person elected by Council;
(3) a person elected by the General Board;
(4) a person elected by the Board of the Faculty of Theology;
(5) a person elected by the Board of the Faculty of Literae Humaniores;
(6) a person elected by the Board of the Faculty of Modern History;
(7), (8) two persons elected by the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies.
- Professor Martin Goodman