Dr Kerri L Russell
Faculty / College Address:
- Japanese historical and comparative linguistics
- Ryukyuan language and linguistics
- Japanese phonology and morphology
- Old and Middle Japanese languages
- Old and Middle Korean languages
- Language contact, change, and development
- Linguistic anthropology
- Verb semantics and argument realization in pre-modern Japanese: A comprehensive study of the basic syntax of pre-modern Japanese
- 2011-Present. Frellesvig, Bjarke, Stephen W. Horn, Kerri L. Russell, and Peter Sells. The Oxford Corpus of Old Japanese. http://vsarpj.orinst.ox.ac.uk/corpus/corpus.html
- 2013a. Russell, Kerri L. "Motion verbs in Eastern Old Japanese: A corpus based study." 琉球諸語と古代日本語に関する比較言語学的研究/Workshop on Old Japanese and Ryukyuan Languages. University of Kyoto.
- 2013b. Horn, Stephen W. and Kerri L. Russell. "Null Arguments in Pre-modern Japanese." Acta Linguistica Hafniensia, 45.1.
- 2013c. Frellesvig, Bjarke, Stephen W. Horn, Kerri L. Russell, and Peter Sells. "Provisional and Conditional Clauses in Old Japanese." In Ozge, Umut, ed. Proceedings of the 8th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics. MIT Working Papers in Linguistics, 67, 65-78.
- 2012a. Russell, Kerri L. "Noun incorporation in Old Japanese (上代日本語における名詞抱合について)". 通時コーパスと日本語史研究 Corpus based studies of Japanese language history, 51-52 Tokyo: NINJAL.
- 2012b. Russell, Kerri L. and Stephen Wright Horn. "Verb semantics and argument realization in pre-modern Japanese: A corpus based study." Chung-Hwa Buddhist Journal, 25, 129-148.
- 2010. Frellesvig, Bjarke, Stephen W. Horn, Kerri L. Russell, and Peter Sells. "Verb Semantics and Argument Realization in Pre-Modern Japanese: A Preliminary Study of Compound Verbs in Old Japanese." Gengo Kenkyū, 138, 25-65.
- 2006. Russell, Kerri L. A reconstruction and morphophonemic analysis of proto-Japonic verbal morphology. PhD Dissertation. University of Hawai‘i at Manoa.
- 2003a. Russell, Kerri. "Contraction and Monophthongization in Old Japanese." in Osada Toshiki and Alexander Vovin (eds.). Nihongo keitōron no genzai/Perspectives on the Origins of the Japanese Language. pp. 511-539. Kyoto: Nichibunken.
- 2003b. Russell, Kerri. "Review of A Descriptive Grammar of Early Old Japanese Prose by John R. Bentley." (Brill's Japanese Studies Library, Vol. 15. Leiden, Netherlands: Brill). Diachronica, 20.2: 363-365.