Associate Faculty Member
Faculty / College Address:
- Sociology of minorities and Christian communities in contemporary Middle East
- Armenian Diaspora
- Turkish-Armenian relations
- Armenian Church and Religious Studies
- Inter-ethnic conflicts in the Caucasus
- Investigating methodological and conceptual questions in the discourse of "preservation of 'Armenianess' (hayapahpanum)" and study of various dimensions of cultural production and maintenance in the Diaspora.
- Study of the effects of dual process of "societal secularisation" (global trends) and state-imposed " institutional secularisation" (especially during Ottoman and Soviet eras) on church-society, church-state and church-politics relations in contemporary Armenia and the Diaspora.
- Contemporary Armenian Culture, Society, Politics Seminar
- Cultural Production and Maintenance in Diaspora Seminar
- Armenian Religion, Society, Politics Seminar
- "Minority within Minorities: Armenian communities in the Middle East between imposed realities and uncertain future" in Erica C.D. Hunter (ed.) Religious Minorities in the Middle East and North Africa: A Complete Survey of Non-Muslim Communities. I. B. Tauris (forthcoming 2013), c. 7000 words.
- "The Armenian Apostolic Church" in Lucian Leustean (ed.) Eastern Christianity and Politics in the Twenty-First Century, Routledge (forthcoming 2013), c. 12000 words.
- “Il catholicos e le sedi gerarchiche della Chiesa Apostolica Armenia: storia, problem e prospettive” in L. Vaccaro & B. L. Zekiyan (eds.), Storia religiosa dell’Armenia (Milano: ITL, Centro Ambrosiano), 2010, 189-212.
- The Armenian Church. A Brief Introduction (Burbank: Western Diocese press), 2008, pp 31.
- "Hrant Dink and Armenians in Turkey" in David Hayes (ed,) Turkey: Writers, Politics and Free Speech, OpenDemocracy Quarterly, Series 1; Vol. 2. 2007, 117-124.
- "In Search of Relevance: Church and Religion in Armenia since Independence" in B. Balci and R. Motika (eds.), Religion et politique dans le Caucase post-Sovietique. Paris: Maisonneuve et Larose, 2007, 277-311.
- "Modern ‘Believers’ in an Ancient Church" in Arméniens et Grecs en diaspora: approches comparatives (Édités par M. Bruneau, I. Hassiotis, M. Hovanessian et C. Mouradian). Athenes: E.F.A 2007, 491-508.
For full publications list see:
For list of lectures and conference participation see: