Sir Fergus Millar
Emeritus Camden Professor of Ancient History
Faculty / College Address:
- Near Eastern social and religious history
- The Late Roman Near East, fourth-sixth centuries
- The Diaspora in the Roman Empire
- 'The Theodosian Empire (CE 408-450) and the Arabs: Saracens orIshmaelites?', in E. Gruen (ed.), _Cultural Borrowings and Ethnic Appropriations in Antiquity (2005), 297-314.
- 'Transformations of Judaism under Graeco-Roman Rule', Journal of Jewish Studies 57 (2006), 139-158.
- 'Alexander's Legacy: the Impact of the Greek Language East of the Euphrates', Ancient West and East 5 (2006), 287-296.
- A Greek Roman Empire: Power and Belief under Theodosius II, 408-450 (2006).
- Rome, Greece and the East (Collected Papers). Ed. by Hannah M. Cotton and Guy M. Rogers. Vol. III, _The Greek World, the Jews and the East (2006).