Keeper of Eastern Art, Ashmolean Museum
Faculty / College Address:
- Indian painting of the Mughal period
- History of Indian board games
- Handbook of Indian art in the Ashmolean Museum
- Ed., Court painting in Rajasthan, Bombay, 2000.
- Court painting at Udaipur: Art under the patronage of the Maharanas of Mewar, Artibus Asiae Supplementum XLIV, Zurich, 2002.
- Ed., with R. Crill and S. Stronge, Arts of Mughal India: Studies in honour of Robert Skelton, Ahmedabad and London, 2004.
- Ed., In the realm of gods and kings: Arts of India, London, 2004 (repr. 2014).
- Ed., The art of play: Board and card games of India, Bombay, 2006.
- 'Snakes and Ladders in India: Some further discoveries', Artibus Asiae, LXVI, 1, 2006, 143-79.
- Paintings from Mughal India, Oxford: Bodleian Library, 2008 (repr. 2013).
- ‘Sahibdin’, in M.C. Beach, B.N. Goswamy and E. Fischer eds., Masters of Indian painting, Zurich, 2011, vol. 1, 391-406.
- Visions of Mughal India: The collection of Howard Hodgkin, Oxford: Ashmolean Museum, 2012.