Dr Otared Haidar
Instructor in Arabic
Faculty / College Address:
- Arabic and Comparative literature, Literary Theory and Media
- Literature of the Arab Wars and Conflicts
- Early Grounds of the Arab Renaissance
- Modern Media Arabic
- Arabic text
- Media: Culture and Society
- Arabic Prose
- Practice Makes Perfect: Arabic Pronouns and Prepositions, (McGraw-HillInc., 2012). See the link: http://www.mcgraw-hill.co.uk/html/0071759735.html
- The Prose Poem and the Shi’r Journal: A Comparative Study of Literature, Literary Theory and Journalism. (Reading UK, 2008) Ithaca Press, England. See the link: http://www.ithacapress.co.uk/epages/es109086.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es109086_es120187592164/Products/9780863723292
- “Aleppo: The First Early-Modern Ground for Arab-European Cultural encounters”, the Journal of Semitic Studies, Manchester University (May 2012). See the links:
- Khalil Mutran and Early Calls for Innovation and Modernity, the Journal of Arabic Literature, the Union of Arab Writers, Damascus, Fall 2010.
- “Al-adab bayna inshigalatihi al-jamaliyya wa mahammatihi al-ijtima’iyya wa al-siyasiyya”,“Literature between Aesthetic Preoccupations and Socio-Political Tasks”, Mokarabat Journal Published by Damascus Centre for Theoretical and Civil Rights Studies, Vol. 14-15, October 2010. See the link: http://www.mokarabat.com/index.m14-15.htm
- The Arab American Poets: Between Land of Liberty and Literary Exile, Aram Journal, Vol. 21, No. 1 (2009), Aram Society for Syro-Mesopotamian Studies, University of Oxford. See link: http://poj.peeters-leuven.be/content.php?url=issue&journal_code=ARAM&issue=0&vol=21
- “The poetics the Iraqi War: Between Discursive Conflicts and Diasporic Discourse” Acta Orientalia Journal, University of Oslo, Norway (Forthcoming).
- The Prose Poem: A Cross-Cultural Discourse of Modernity, A Comparative Study, (Forthcoming), Jusur Journal, The Syrian General Organization of Book, Damascus.
- “Ibn Hani al-Andalusi”, in IB Tauris Biographical Dictionary of Islamic Civilization and Cultures, edited by Muhammad Abdel Haleem and Mustafa Shah, London: IB Tauris) (Forthcoming).
- “Ibn al-Naqib: The Poet of the Damascene Natural Landscape” and “Damascus of Syria and its Salihiyya Quarter through the Biography of Shaykh ‘Abd al Ghani al-Nabulsi” and “Lectures about the Literary Movement in Aleppo”, (1800-1950),in Encyclopaedia of Muslim Civilisations Abstracts Series, edited by Aptin Khanbaghi, The Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilizations (AKU-ISMC), (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press), (Forthcoming).
- Member of the Teaching and Research Staff of the Institute of Oriental Studies, University of Oxford
- Member of the British Association of Writers (Pen)
- Editor of the journal Mokarabat