Position: Facilities Assistant
Areas of responsibility:
- General maintenance tasks around the Oriental Institute building
- Other buildings that sometimes require assistance are: the Clarendon Institute; the Khalili Research Centre; the Griffith Institute; and the Research Centre for Japanese Language and Linguistics
- Furniture and equipment moving for room relocations, disposal of old items, etc.
- Stand-in reception duties (staffing the reception during lunch breaks, to cover holiday, sick leave, including sorting and distributing mail, handling telephone enquiries, dealing with visitors, franking and taking O.I. post to Post Office, etc.)
- Stand-in common room duties (staffing the common room to cover holiday, sick leave, including sale of refreshments, cashing up, etc.)
- Assisting with setting up IT/AV equipment in teaching rooms