Dame Jessica Rawson
Professor of Chinese Art and Archaeology
Faculty / College Address:
- Cosmology of the Han period (206 BC- AD 220) and its relation to tombs and their decoration.
- Chinese ritual bronzes and their role in Chinese Culture.
- Chinese decorative traditions, their roles and significances.
- A weekly Graduate seminar on Chinese Art and Archaeology topics over three terms
- Chinese jade from the Neolithic to the Qing, London: British Museum Press 1995
- Mysteries of Ancient China, London: British Museum Press 1996
- "Ancient Chinese rituals as seen in the material record", in J. Laidlaw and J. McDermott (eds), Court and State rituals in China, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press 1999, 20-49
- "Western Zhou archaeology", in M. Loewe and E. Shaughnessy (eds), The Cambridge History of Ancient China, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press 1999, 352-449
- Cosmological Systems as Sources of Art, Ornament and Design', Bulletin of the Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities, Stockholm, no. 72 (2000), pp. 133-189
- With Evelyn Rawski (ed.), China: The Three Emperors 1662-1795, London 2005