Associate of the Sub-Faculty of East Asian Studies
Faculty / College Address:
- East Asian Buddhism
- Buddhist Art in Tang China and Nara-Heian Japan
- Intellectual History of the Tang Dynasty
- Interrelations of Religion and Politics
- Book project based on my doctoral dissertation on narratives of Chan Buddhism in East Asia during the sixth to ninth century – funded by the Chiang Ching-Kuo Foundation Fellowship.
- A study of the development of Kanhwa Seon Budhism in Korea after the arrival of a letter from the Chinese Chan master Dahui Zonggao 大慧宗杲（1089 -1163 CE）- the transmission, interpretation and misinterpretation of Chan Buddhism by Korean Buddhists during the Goryeo period, its religious, political and cultural implications and the impact of lay involvement and influence on the creation of Seon Buddhism.
- Critical Review of Contemporary Chan Studies
- History of Early Chan Buddhism
- 'Multi-cultural Buddhism during Saichō’s Visit of China' in Early and Medieval Chinese History. Taipei. Forthcoming.