Academic Visitor; Professor of Chinese history in Shanghai Normal University
Faculty / College Address:
My research is centered on the social and cultural history of China, especially on Jiangnan Regional history, such as local elite (gentry) and social organizations, etc. Recently I am also interesting in folk culture and religions. Usually I pay more attentions to the social transformations.
Research on Transformation of Cultural Clan in Suzhou and Shanghai from Late Qing Dynasty to Early Republic of China (supported by Chinese National Social Science Fund)
- The social and cultural history of Jiangnan Area.
- Local topology.
- Modern China history.
- Communication and Transformation:on the History of Social Culture in Southern Yangtze Region (互动与转型：江南社会文化史论).Shanghai: Shanghai People Press, 2012.
- Cultural Clan and Social Change in Suzhou Since Ming and Qing Dynasty (明清以来苏州文化世族与社会变迁) , Beijing:China Social Science Press,2011.
- Suzhou and Huizhou-- Research on Social Communication and Transformation among the Two Regions from 16 to 20 centry(苏州与徽州：16-20世纪两地互动与社会变迁的比较研究), (Third Cooperation Writer)，Beijing:The Commercial Press, 2007.
- Gentry and Society in Southern Yangtze Region, 1368-1911 (江南士绅与江南社会 :1368-1911年), Beijing:The Commercial Press,2004.