Instructor in Turkish
Faculty / College Address:
Applied linguistics, language pedagogy, teacher training and development, personal and professional development, life-long learning, NLP, emotional intelligence, multiple intelligence, language teaching, teacher-learner beliefs, developing language teaching materials, community language learning/teaching and EU projects.
- SKILLNET Grundvig 2
- YADIM&SALLS Mobility Project Leonardo Da Vinci
- Languages from the Cradle Socrates Lingua
- A.L.I.C.E Grundvig 2
Advanced on-line Training course: “Adults Learning for Intergenerational Creative Experiences”
- Elementary Turkish
- Intensive Turkish Language
- Intermediate Modern Turkish Language
- Turkish-English Translation
- English-Turkish Translation
- Advanced Translation
- Teaching Turkish through Literature
- Modern Turkish political and cultural texts
- October, 2000. Çukurova University, IV. International INGED-Ç.U. ELT Conference Proceedings, “An attempt to ease the sobering experiences of new teachers”, Adana, Turkey.
- September, 2001. Middle East Technical University, IATEFL Teachers Develop Teachers Research Conference Proceedings, “Mission Impossible: Uncovering trainees’ and trainers’ expectations regarding an effective teacher trainer”, Ankara, Turkey.
- Jülide İnözü, Seden Tuyan and Emine Çakır Sürmeli, 2007. “Overcoming Affective Barriers for Continuous Language Learning” in Asian EFL Journal Quarterly, Vol.9 (4): 175-188.
- Jülide İnözü , Seden Tuyan and Emine Çakır Sürmeli, 2008. “Foreign Language Student Empowerment Through Affective Coaching” in Education and Leadership , edited by Tom Claes, Frank McMahon & David Seth Preston, Amsterdam/New York.
- Emine Çakır Sürmeli & Julien Boast 2009. Community and Lesser Taught Languages Conference, “Community Language Learning: from three perspectives,” Manchester, Routes into Languages.
- Emine Çakır Sürmeli & Julien Boast, 2010. III. International Turkish Education and Teaching Conference Proceedings, “Learning and Teaching Turkish as a Community Language (in the UK)”., Dokuz Eylül University, İzmir.
- Emine Çakır Sürmeli & Julien Boast 2011. The International Journal of Arts and Sciences IJAS Conference in Germany, “Rethinking Community Language Learning: a case study of Turkish speakers in London”. (on-line)
- Emine Cakir & Teresa Monaco, 2013. Transforming the educational relationship: intergenerational and family learning for the lifelong learning society, İnternational Conference Proceedings, “ Let’s Cook Together: Empowering intergenerational communication through cooking”, Bucharest, Romania.