Lecturer in Modern Judaism, Oxford Centre for Hebrew and Jewish Studies
Faculty / College Address:
- Modern Judaism
- The theological development of religious movements and denominationalism
- The development of Orthodox forms of Judaism, particularly in Britain
- Gender issues in modern Judaism
- The theology of Louis Jacobs
Louis Jacobs and the construction of modern theologies of Judaism.
- B.A. in Jewish Studies
- B.A. in TheologyB.A. in Theology and Oriental Studies
- M.St. in the Study of Religions
- M.St. in Jewish Studies
- M.St. and MPhil in Modern Jewish Studies
- D.Phil. in Oriental Studies or Theology
- (co-editor)Modern Judaism: An Oxford Guide, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005
- Orthodox Judaism in Britain Since 1913: An Ideology Forsaken, London: Vallentine Mitchell, 2006
- 'Immanuel Jakobovits: A Coherent Theology of Apparent Contradictions’, in Modern Judaism: A Journal of Jewish Ideas and Experience, 2010, vol.30.2: 127-152.
- ‘The British Chief Rabbinate: A Viable Institution?’, in Journal of Modern Jewish Studies, 2011, vol. 10.1: 43-64.